Monday, January 19, 2009

It was the best of times....

And it was the worst of times, also known as my weekend. So what started out to be a very nice weekend ended up being very highly stressful. I met up with Jamie to catch a movie in the afternoon. One that I would highly recommend, Slumdog Millionaire. It's been a while since I have watched a movie that kept me so engrossed the entire time. (P.S. Douchbag with the girlfriend - Would it have been so hard to not sit directly in front of me when there were plenty of seats to your right?)
Only to arrive home to Niagara Falls in my small bathroom on my main floor. A pipe broke! Water was everywhere! A huge thank you to Jamie for coming over so fast to help keep the water at bay. And a huge thank you to my BIL and Pat from Waterworks for taking care of me after receiving my panicked phone calls. After all was said and done - it wasn't a pipe in my house it was actually my neighbor's. I got the damage and she has the headache of dealing with the insurance company. All well that ends well.


On a completely different note - Air Force called me on Sunday and we talked for 3 hours!!

3 comments:

jamie said...

Holy hole in the wall!

Yikes. Oh, and you didn't tell everyone that water was freakin' freezing!

You're welcome, of course! :)

Anonymous said...

I heard you had some major craziness this weekend... Good to hear the weekend wasn't a complete loss!
Are you in for knitting tmm @ Gwen's?

Dreams and Designs said...

Wow, sorry to hear about the water!!!!