Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I want to ride my bicycle....

Most of us who live in Iowa truly appreciate what a wonderful place it is. I didn't always feel this way. I was not born and raised in Iowa as most people here... yet I do call the corn state home. It was fun to hear this morning on the news that one of our major events in the state was named to National Geographic's 50 Best American Adventures. RAGBRAI came in at #7.

"RAGBRAI is an annual 7 day bike ride across the entire state. It is the longest, largest, and oldest touring bicycle ride in the world." The route changes every year and towns that are picked for overnight stays pull out all the stops. It is a crazy adventure. It is must do for any Iowan and if you are into biking then seriously put this on your list of things to do - you won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

jamie said...

Number 7? That's awesome! Go us! :)